Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Book With Me In It

Taking a quick intermission from my ecstatic trip into ye olde grotesquerie; here is an update of a more contemporary flavour.




Yes, I have a chapter in this book ... and I would like you to read it.

The book, that is. You don't have to read my chapter if you don't want to. This stuff is optional.

Why bother with a book at all - why not just Google all the things?

A) because it has an amazing title; B) because it's a really interesting and timely collection focused on a neglected (and somewhat reviled) genre; and C) because... games! They're brilliant!

Plus - if you have an interest in hybrid bodies, genetic mutations, and grotesqueness in general - my chapter is on BioShock, and explores the kinds of ontological fusions and boundary crossings made possible by the game's unique weapons system. It's all connected... oh yes...

The end.

P.S. I am also in this book. Talking about zombies. Buy it for your grandmother!

P.P.S. Dylan Moran is fantastic.

1 comment: